Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Watching a football match

Yeap. I'm not a football fan, earlier on started watching it because wanna check out some players and till now is still the same reason plus is because I myself can't do sports therefore really looking up to sportsman and sportswoman. Thanks to my habit of reading newspaper, more or less I have the knowledge on standings, fixtures, statistics and comments on the upcoming plays. Yesterday was the match of the epic teams-Manchester United and Real Madrid. Finally it is the first time I am able to watch a champions league match without having to wake up or stay up late till 2,3a.m. in the morning :P I feel that I should choose a team to support to, doing so should have more fun and make oneself more into the game but in the end yea I appeared to be Man U fan although in the end who won wouldn't affect me much :x (crap some will hate or despise me for this!)

They got the looks and skills! damn,

I bet that most of you have already know what's the results. ouch ouch being trashed at their home and one of the goals is being scored by their ex player. The main reason that I wanna watch this game is because there are a few of my favourite players gonna be on the field (typical fan girl) RVP, Ronaldo and Kaka. I didn't expect to see they'll put him on the field for yesterday's match! I have to say his performance was not bad. Ughh pardon me for not knowing the actual reason but I'm kinda disappointed for not seeing Kagawa in action! The info I have received is the Man U fans hate the referee, Nani being sent out is the reason that caused the loss, people pity for Ramos. I was pretty curious about Ronaldo's performance, how does he feels when coming back to Old Trafford and play, meeting his previous manager and teammates in this way. To some of the Man U fan, he's still a Man U player. That's the thing about sports..I guess he did the appriopriate thing after scoring (well if I'm not mistaken he's being labelled as vain and bimbo by his haters) he did not celebrate like what he usually did. His face seems to be pretty tensed up and serious, his teammates ran over to congrats him. Besides Nani being sent out, the other reason that caused disappointment to the Man U fan is because the goal that Ramos made before half game. The fans were so excited and expecting them to win but in the end it turned out to be another way.

When watching a match I got distraced by looking at the fans reaction. We were watching in a local pub, almost half of the customers are malaysians. At first I thought Malaysians are the noisy ones, treating it as Mamak but apparently the locals can't really sit still at certain moments too. Some especially the ones in their late twenties get kinda too tensed up started swearing at times. This cute late 40s guys which obviously is a Real Madrid fan was shouting REAL MADRID REAL MADRID for several times in the pub hahahah. Up to 20 over of us only he and another 2 to 3 guys are Real Madrid fan. Guess it was a good day for them hahah. By observing people during and after the match can actually let you know more on the person's attitude in doing things and facing situations.It is normal to feel tiny tinge of pissed and down after the favourite team lose but to some people out there, please do not make it personal and carry it with you for quite some time! Be rational instead of too emotional. The results are not gonna change and this does not show how much your love towards the team or an act of a true fan. Another habit comes along with football matches is putting on a bet. Personally I don't gamble because of lack of skills and luck in it hehe and yea the feeling of it is the right thing to do. Money is the root of evil but almost everyone including me myself love it. We are willing to do a lot of things to get it. Due to the activity of betting it makes the game 'not so clean' anymore, losing the true sportsmanship. There are quite a lot of cases that people lose their sainity, left by their loved ones, losing their job, not having a life and some even being drove to suicide because of the habit of gambling. Once awhile having small bet is fine, people like taste of luck and winning but yea know your limits and keep in check with your heart, don't let the greed grows-it is destructive if exceeded the limit.

p.s.: Next week Man U VS Chelsea, anyone?

x

1 comment:

  1. Me me! Definitely watching hehe =D But supporting the opposing team of the team that you (appeared to) support lol XD

    On the discussion about sports fans:
    You're right in saying that being emotional at a result doesn't make a person a 'true' fan. But I think it's very hard to not make it personal haha. Supporting a team is an affiliation- the team is part of you. You're disappointed when the team loses, happy when they win, angry when something unfair happens. You'd even go to the extent of defending your team against criticisms, even if they might be true. It's irrational yes. But for those who supports a team it's inevitable. So I suppose as long as you don't go overboard and get into a fight etc., it's fine XD

    And I agree fully with the moderation in gambling/betting. Though I'd prefer it if no-one tries haha =P

    ReplyDelete