https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-judges-want-to-see-boobs-how-the-competitive-fitness-industry-pressures-women-into-getting-breast-implants
Correct me if I'm wrong-- if fitness is about making oneself to love and care about their body more, why does it encourages people to give in to plastic surgery? It sad to see that once again woman's insecurity is being used as the tool for earning and more and more woman are giving in, including myself. Looking at the fitness models with their muscular yet curvy physique, I admit I am jealous of them, how can they have body fats that is lesser than 15% yet have enormous boobs? well you know, the kind which cleavage can be clearly seen even with sports bra on. Indeed there are individuals who are blessed with genes of being skinny yet have boobs, but so far it is very very rare that they have muscular and athletic figure at the same time with large breasts. Looking at articles that claimed that a lot of female fitness model actually undergone breast augmentation before, somehow I felt slightly less bad for myself at the same time actually felt, sad, like why are we so obsessive with the size of breasts? Why can't all of us just embrace what we have? There's no point of glorifying big breast at the same time I do not see the need of changing the public's perception to smaller boobs are better, ideally it would be everyone are aiming for a healthier body instead of bigger or smaller breasts. Perhaps this day might come, or perhaps not...
No comments:
Post a Comment