Monday, 4 February 2013

Trip to Peak District #1

My very first trip when working as a volunteer for Travel Society :) Ahh days before when I've gotten the email saying I have been choosen as one of the volunteer and asked whether will I be a available for duty hyped up my week! I was really excited, not to mention having butterfiles in my stomach in the same time as I'm not sure will I be able to handle the work properly. 

In the end, the trip turns up to be really, really fun. I was overwhelmed by the scnery(HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE WALKING, PHOTOGRAPHY), not to forget to mention that the whole trip become lively thanks to the comittee who's on duty and my friends whom happened to go on the trip too! 

Before arriving Chatsworth House, we dropped by the only town in the Peak District National Park: Bakewell. Hahah the first thing that comes into my mind is: bakewell-->bake-it-well-->hmm i wonder whether do they have really good bakeries over here-->oh crap i'm hungry :x


View from the bus

On the way

Bakewell!














Feels like from some fairy tale



They are famous for their bakewell pudding, we went to the shop which claimed that they are the most establised shop in the town. We tried the pudding hmm to be honest I don't really fancy it, it's nice but it's not that kind of food that makes me crave for more of it but yeah since we are there, why not just give it a try? for the sweet tooth out there, you have to try it, I prefer it gos with custard instead of cream, it just feels so..yucky and fattening if you have it with the cream :x It is advisable to share a big one for 2 person instead of ordering a personal pudding for yourselves, its more worth it lol. In the shop I wrote my very first postcard to send back to Malaysia :) 

Interior of the shop



Bakewell Pudding

This is life. 


CNY is coming soon and how I wish I can be back to my hometown to celebrate wih my family..I feel so grateful and happy for each and everyone I meet in UK, without them I'll be really lonely, sad and all stressed up for most of the times. Yes there are sucky, down, emotional moments but hey who doesn't have it before? Have a good week ahead! x

No comments:

Post a Comment