We visited two workshops, one in Seremban and another one in Nilai. During the second semester, I have the trouble in finding and imagining how does the components to look like in real life. This problem appears when doing sizing and mostly on when I need to do the GA drawing. Geez how big how does it looks like that kind of thing. Thanks to the workshop, I've got to see how does the vessels and heat exchangers actually looked like. I like the heat exchangers better. They are not toys hahaha but they do look interesteing. After the visitation it actually makes me have the urge to read up on heat exchangers, about the types, design, sizing and efficiency. They actually need 'specialist' in heat exchangers which it is essential for cost optimisation. I'm glad that I actually have the interest in things that relates to my studies. To be honest, at times I do wonder what will be if I took other courses instead of engineering. I am contented with what I have for now and at the same time working on improving myself physically and spiritually. I won't deny that I love compliments but at the same time have to remind myself on it whether its true and contrusctive.
Our supervisor just gave a small talk on networking. She was saying most of the engineers are not really good in it. PR skills is essential for engineers; need to have the ability to work with colleages as a team especially when handling a big project, good relationship with supplier, clients which makes life much much easier. I'm still having lots of space for improvement regarding that, one of the things that makes me lousy in it is I'm not so good in remembering names :/
time to back to the workshop report!
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment