fāTHnoun1.complete trust or confidence in someone or something."this restores one's faith in politicians"
synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction; 2.
strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
synonyms: religion, church, sect, denomination, (religious) persuasion, (religious) belief, ideology, creed, teaching, doctrine
My the first word that comes along to my mind when others mentioned 'faith' is 'believe'. As simple as it is but hard to do it. I'm still a confused kid who's trying to know more, discover more about myself in all aspects including 'what I choose to believe in'. Few years back I read 'The Secret', didn't managed to finish reading the whole book. I have only read the first few chapters the message that I keep receiving is :YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE THIS THEORY WHICH UNIVERSE WILL GIVE WHAT YOU WANT' all over and over again. Correct me if I'm wrong, like I mentioned I did not bear myself to finish the whole book. The first thing that we have to do to make it happen is: Believe. Believe the theory. Have faith in it that the theory will work. To me that's the most difficult part..There are a few times I did try to apply the theory but there are at times that works, and some don't. I'm not sure whether the theory is working, or I will get it eventually since I worked on it. But I won't deny that it happens cause I have that tinge of luck with me and there are lots of people helping me. After reading it at times it feels like some kind of new 'religion' to me. I don't know but to me it feels like it, feels like the author is preaching something that kind. I know its something which is totally different, but the core element is the same: you need to have FAITH in it. Which is the difficult part. I'm not sure whether am I an open minded person or not--born in a non-traditional Buddhist family, half of my relatives are Christians. During primary school I went for Sunday classes. Secondary school started to being introduced about Christianity and it never stops getting more and more) exposure about this religion. I do not against being preached/approached by others about it. It can't be avoid at the same time as I was from a Christian college, somehow since college until now quite a number people that I love and I'm closed to are practicing this religion. Receiving bibles and attending major CF events was common to me and there are a few times (recent one was during last year's CF Easter event) I was being touched by the kindness and acceptance to every soul that choose to believe in Him. However during this period, I won't admit that I'm kinda terrified by some of them. They ave too much enthusiasm towards it until I will put it is--fanatic perhaps? That kind of level. It really creeps me out...Its like they are no longer themselves that kind of thing. Some of them disgusted me cause what the did was judging the non-believers in a way as if they are some superior species, above all of us. No one's perfect and who are you to judge? Based to my understanding if there's one person who can, who's qualified to judge us is just Him. He died because of our sins. He's forgiving. (Do correct me if I'm wrong)
I really hope that one day/soon I will find what I choose to believe in--the ability of one having faith towards something really amazes me. We can never ever underestimate the power of it.
I did some searching on quotes related to faith, these are the ones which I feel it's pretty true/meaningful:
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.
Mahatma Gandhi
As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit.
Emmanuel Teney
Faith.—What we believe, we must believe wholly and without reserve; wherefore the only perfect and satisfying object of faith is God. A faith that sets bounds to itself, that will believe so much and no more, that will trust thus far and no farther, is none.
Those who have faith need no explanation, for those who
have no faith, no explanation is possible
Faith isn't the ability to believe long and far into the misty future.
It's simply taking God at His Word and taking the next step.
I guess I will read some books to help myself in it besides having discussion with others. 'Have a Little Faitch' by Mitch Albom will be next on my list.
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment