Thursday, 19 September 2013

19/9/13

Oh my 'working life' continues until the week just before the sem starts. After done with internship currently I am taking up another part time job in uni. Before the internship ended I was hoping to go for a trip, and since it's being called off, I want to earn some $$$$$ omg$$$$oh yea $$$ tbh it isn't a lot but still it's better than nothing. 

The task was pretty simple--helping students to cehck in. Get their copy or recipt, make thm fill the form, pass thm the keys and more forms, and collect the forms afterwards. Once awhile deal with cases about complaints or report of faulty items etc etc. You get to talk to students and deal with parents, but of course not as much as the ones actually work in the accmmodation office. what I'm facing is just minor matters, and things that I can't handle/I don't know I can actually 'push' it to the office and let them settle it. I really appreciate those parents and students who are nice and bring their complete documents! :) Thank god that so far most of the people that I have meet are nice ones. 

I am staying in the same type of halls too, the complaints and enquiries made by the students/parents is actually important to me in realising and reminding myself on things that I have to check, have to report on. I agree with them on the matter of inconvenience when comes to cooking. They can't be expecting us to have the food from SA or eating out every single day. Or microwave all the food. Do they know how unhealthy it is? Or they just couldn't be bothered since well, they are not the ones who's staying here. Even if there's stove tht kind of stuff for us to cook I doubt that they'll have a good ventilation system. Sofas are placed on the 'pantry area' so which seems that it's not so suitable afterall for us to do some cooking. I actually prefer to prepare my own meals especially dinner since I don't have a car, the SA is quite some distance away from the hostel and I can actually control my diet. So far over here is not so vegetarian friendly afterall. 

There are parents and students with ridiculos comments/complaints, requiring to change the rooms provided earlier on. There are the ones who did not actually follow the rules/telling the exact truth in order to get what they want. Yes, I have to admit you are pretty smart and bold. But remember that not every time things will go as smoothly as you wanted and accidents might occur. 

Not to forget to mention the kids with the 'ma/pa! stop embarrassing me!' face. Hehe I bet quite a few of us experienced that too. It reminds me 2 years back when I first moved in to hostel. I can't actually remember my feelings during that time, I guess should be a mixture or excited and nervous. Uni freshman hahah. This year is my third year...I checked in myself and helping others to check in their rooms. Feels a bit funny thinking about it. Tomorrow's gonna be the last day that I'm working..which means that two more days my 3rd year gonna starts! No doubt I am nervous and slightly stressful about it. Kinda like...pressure  of homecoming? Probably no one gives a s on it but still, I want to back to the Malaysia campus in the best form from all aspects. I hope that I can focus on studies, not to think too much. People change, there's no doubt in it. At times I feel scary that have to be back to unmc. It's the people. I won't deny there are true friends out there but in a competitive environment, what do you expect? 

I do get it what does people meant by as the older you grow, the lonelier you got. Think twice before saying anything and remember to protect yourself, not just the front, side but at the back too. That's what I learn't from CS hehehe.

All the best to myself and the ones out there! Life isn't easy but don't give up easily. Learn to let it go when it's meant to be.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment