Its been almost a week since the incident happened. The first thing that popped into my mind was 'this better not be real!'. I wasn't really close to her, don't have a lot of things to say and all...I refused to accept the fact that it has happen until I saw what her mum and bf/bf-to-be posted on her fb wall. Hope that they have more strength to go thru this.. the one thing that I did on public social media was changing fb profile photo to black as a reminder to myself that, life is full of uncertainties, love and cherish everyone while you have the chance to do so. Thank you for being one of my teachers in life and r.i.p. Seriously, at times you never know that might be the last conversation/goodbye that you can make with the person.
As I was telling my parents about it, my sister was saying during this year seems like there's a friend of us passed away (referring to me and both of my younger brothers). We were discussing perhaps there's no sudden increase of death statistics, just that as we grew older, the number of friends of ours increase, the more we know (thanks to social media, perhaps during the past 10 years ago if a friend f ours who are not so close we won't know things that happened to them) hence higher the possibility of having friends of our age/around our age passed away. In a way, sounds legit isn't it?
I might have written about what happened to my youngest brother's friend on earlier's posts. What I realised is we need to learn to accept and treat death in a proper way. Not to say 'a proper way', idk what's the appropriate way to describe it..Perhaps is know how to deal with our EQ when someone we loved passed away. When we heard someone passed away, most of the time we would be difficult to accept the fact that it happened, especially for individuals who are still young and looked healthy. There are several stages of acceptance towards 'death' I guess. Time to check out more psychological/spiritual;/religion related books...
Thank you for everyone that appeared in my life, really appreciate it. Your presence made me become who am I and helped me in all kinds of ways, whether directly and indirectly. *bows*
No comments:
Post a Comment