Ahh Facebook, the ultimate stalking tool
This morning as I browsed through my newsfeed, I saw a photo that few of my friends 'liked'. The caption is "My angel in heaven", and the person who's being tagged is one of the bloggers that inspired me and I was following for quite some time. Her photos are clean, sweet, vintage and simple. The colors are so pretty. One thing that I liked about her is she updates quite frequently, no dramas/bitchy stories bal bla bla and seh actually replies to comments/compliments. I went on to her facebook page and nothing much to be seen due to the privacy settings. I checked on the mutual friends that we have, damn, those are the people who posted about a friend passed away yesterday! I further went to her blog to check out the comments section. All the while she never posted much personal stuff on her blog. Besides I went to check the insta link that's being provided on her blog. Gosh..comments of hoping her r.i.p., showing support flodded on the recent photos. She has quite a lot of insta followers, more than few k if I'm not mistaken. Although I do not know her personally and she doesn't knows me at all, it hit me. A day before my mum just received the news that her uncle in S'pore actually passed away two years ago, just that the family members choosse not to inform her about it due to some personal reasons. This relative who called usually never contact hers too.
Back to the story about Mandy. One of her followers answered that she passed away due to winter bugs. She's currently studying in the UK right now, same age as me. Apparently quite a lot of people over there catches this sickness, people survived but there are cases that some of them did not made through. I'm not really sure about whether the 'winter bug' that the commentor referring to is same as the one that I googled. Now is CNY period..it must be very difficult for her loved ones to handle all these.One or two weeks ago her sister just came over to the UK to visit her besides travelling in Europe.
R.I.P. dear Mandy...
"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it." Author Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment