It wasn't real easy (but it's not something difficult hahah). The question that I got the most is 'Why are you doing this?". It's simple: I like the beach, I want it to look pretty therefore I'm gonna help to clean it. I have invited in total of 90 over people, only almost 30 of them responded and 10 of them attending. The stats for other events such as potluck and drinking at least 50% of the invited guests will turn up. I gotta admit most likely is everyone is busy with gatherings, meeting up, internships and stuff. When back to Malaysia most of the people that I know will be occupied with family and friends during the weekends, while in UK weekends most of the time we are pretty free and available for all sort of events. Luckily I have meet those who has the contacts, interests and supportive friends, they helped with the planning and on that day itself. LOL not just helping when cleaning up the rubbish they too stuffed themselves with the not-super-yummy sandwiches that I bring along ahhahaha.
The initial location was called Teluk Kemang, it has public facilities and stuff, really suitable for a short gateaway for the weekends. There wasn't a lot of rubbish, as in the obvious ones. After walking for some distance we can see that there are cleaners sweeping and collecting the trash-that explains. The other 3 phd students who joinred us later on suggested another location. Yeap there do need some cleaning compared to the initial location however the thing is there is a ritual going on there, hence we moved to the part next to it. The cleaniness seems to be pretty fine, after seeking permission from the people of the hotel we started our work. Idealliy we are supposed to separate it into recycable and non-recycables, the problem is the so called recycables are not in a clean condition, highly doubt that they will send it to recycle centre. The weird stuff that we found is indian wedding invitations are torn into pieces scattered along the seaside and an indian saree.
![]() |
| The group photo--self timer is useful! XD |
x

Amazing effort man :)
ReplyDeleteThanks joyce :)
ReplyDelete