Phew, just had the lecturer visit today. Since yesterday I was kinda nervous about it about my performance as I have expectations towards myself. The last time I did presentation was about few months ago for the environmental field course and it was pretty alright hence for now I am expecting something better compared to last time. When I was practising it my sister was keep asking me to record my own voice and replay it (wth) and she was talking about my practice for oral test few years back lol. It was about global warming, I have practiced it a lot of times until she actually remembers some part of my script haha
Finally I did the presentation for it and the feedback on my presentation was good :) This really made my day. My supervisor described it as good, informative and able to deliver the important points within the time. The important thing about presentations is able to deliver the essence of it within the limited amount of time. I have to really agree on it, previously during the field course presentation we were giving a time limit. There's a group who did preparations and pretty good did not manage to obtain high marks because of unable to present the important part of it. The lecturer stopped them after the time limit. During the practice of presentation our group was facing similar problems too as my part supposed to be the main of it,however it was placed at the last part of presentation. In the end we did some last minute removal of previous slides and kept them as back up, ensure that we have allocated time for the presentation of it. The previous night I was preparing my slides and script until almost 4 in the morning and woke up at 7am and I looked terrible like a zombie. Luckily before the presentation I went for a shower and looked mch better lol.
For the preparation of delivering a presentation, I guess the most important thing that we can do is keep practicing and improvising. I will try to practice as if I am actually delivering the presentation to the audience. Be strict when comes to time ourselves. Another thing that I'm currently practicing is not to hold any notes/script on hand(which I used to do it everytime few years back). I have to know what I am writing about, what I did and what I want to let the audience to receive. assuming that if I'm an audience, what do I understand from it? A presentation is useless if the audience have no idea to what do you actually want to deliver.
Now the coming presentation would be during the end of the week which involves more audience and more details required. I feel quite pressured as the of course I have higher expectations on myself and I suppose my supervisors will have higher expectations on me too. At the end of the lecturer visit, what I felt the main thing that I have learnt is the importance of attitude. No matter how smart how good academically you are, the thing that brings you further is the attitude. Still have much more to learn...
x
No comments:
Post a Comment